Friday, April 1, 2011

Willow Green Mystery

This is the cover of Willow Green Mystery, the first Thomas book that I read back in Scotland in January. I later bought The Tall Man, which I haven't got round to reading yet. I also bought the first book in the series, Looking After Thomas. However, it was only delivered to my mother's house in Annbank the day after I left. I'll pick it up in July when I take my daughter to Europe. I quite enjoyed Willow Green Mystery, which is told in the first person by Thomas's brother David, and the three stories involve him, Thomas and their two sisters Clarissa and Tish (real name Patricia). The target audience for the Thomas books, published by Nelson between 1957 and 1960, was somewhat younger than the contemporary Penny and Susan series. Quite an enjoyable read.

1 comment:

  1. Hi,

    I read this as a very young child and would love to read it again as I can't remember it just the title and the book. Where can I get hold of a copy?

    thanks

    ReplyDelete